Two suspected facilitators of a suicide attack targeting District Police Officer (DPO) Sajid Mohmand in Balochistan’s Chaman area in July earlier this year were arrested on Tuesday.
Read more: DPO Killa Abdullah martyred in Chaman blast
Balochistan Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti made the announcement at a press conference today, identifying the two facilitators as Mehmood ─ who went by the aliases Rizwan and Omar ─ and Muhammad Saleem, who was also known by the names Jandullah and Hafiz Sahab.
Security forces and police carried out the raid in which the suspects were arrested. They are believed to have links with the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and were responsible for planning the Chaman terror attack.
The home minister said that Afghan soil was being used to create unrest in Balochistan.
Bugti said the two suspects had confessed to planning the attack while they were in the Spin Boldak area of Afghanistan’s volatile Kandahar province. The facilitators were paid a large amount of money in Afghanistan to carry out the attack on the DPO, Bugti added.
Security forces also recovered a suicide jacket from the possession of the men.
A confessional video of the suspects was played for journalists at the press conference, where Frontier Corps and police officials were also present.